(20 April 2006)
I bought a betta fish, and boy is he cute! I'd been thinking of getting one for a while to help fertilized my bamboo plant, and after seeing Kristin's pictures (RIP Sushi) I had to get one.
So I am now a proud fish owner. His name is Taco. Fish Taco. Why, you ask? Because like 2 weeks ago Marc and I were at College Perk (the indie/hippie/emo/etcetcetc coffee house) and I was reading a copy of the City Paper. Now everyone who reads the City Paper knows exactly how classy the ads in there are (for you non-city folks, read: extremely trashy), and we found *quite* the winner. I wish I had saved it so I hadn't had to paraphrase, but it went something like this:
"Sexy Mexican vixen seeking big strong man to stuff my taco with his meat."
I'm sure her taco is overstuffed by this point (seriously, what kind of man could resist an ad like that?) and it's probably kind of red and scaly just like my new betta fish. I don't think I'll let Taco know *why* he got his name, because I don't want him to grow up to be that kind of fish. Either way, he looks much happier in his new tank (vs. the nasty plastic cup from the pet store) and he even waves his little fins when you talk to him.
Off to take advantage of the motivational 'up' and get some homework done, happy Thursday everyone :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment